Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Monster

This is hell
Fine.
Do you know why?
No. Of course not.
I’m done talking now
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is hard
I don’t want your fucking sympathy
Is it okay to let it all out?
No. Of course not.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I swerved recklessly
Alone, not quite sane
Not quite straight
Could I have saved her?
No. Of course not.
Welcome to my hell.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deep breath
RUN
The demons are coming
Tripping, falling, breaking
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit high
Fall low
Oh god
Save me
Hell no
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I’d have gotten lost
Most definitely
Weaving, grasping
Being.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wounded heart
Need a bitter drink
Of the monster





This poem is not written in my own words. It was a writing assignment for my creative writing class. We had to take something ordinary, like a newspaper or a book, and turn it into a poem. I chose to use one of the books in the Crank series by Ellen Hopkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment