Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wounds

I’ve got scars that cover my skin
Thoughts that feel like a sin
I get pleasure from an old rusted razor
Thoughts that go silent as it pierces my vein
Got this self-inflicted gunshot wound
Pain that won’t seem to go away
I almost didn’t live to see another day
I’m battered and bruised
So broken and used
They say I’m insane
That I’m too far gone
They say that I’m too far in the past
And that I won’t last
They think they know me so well
But they don’t know me at all
I’m lost with nowhere to run
I know that I am shunned
And no one approves of what I’ve done





This poem was written for an ex of mine who shot himself three times. (He survived, thankfully.) It tells the story of a young man who self-harms and is suicidal. He feels like no one understands him and he knows that he knows that they don’t approve of him doing the things he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment