Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Goodbye

Lying next to you,
I felt so safe, should have known from the start it was too good to be true.
You make me feel like I’m to blame,
Now I’m the one who’s shamed.
I can’t stop the way I feel,
Can’t stop the hurt so real.
So, there’s nothing left to hide,
There’s nothing left to sacrifice.
I don’t expect you to understand this,
But my feelings for you is a never ending list.
And now I hate you for the way you smiled when you looked at me
Like you had a locked up heart and I was to set you free.
I hate you for every kind word you ever said,
The way you took control and fucked with my head.
I hate that all I can hear is your heart beat,
All I can think of is the melody.
I hate that I can feel you on these empty nights,
All I can think of is how it felt so right.
I hate that all I can think of is the first time our lips met,
The way my heart tripped.
But most of all, I hate the way I think I love you,
And now I know it was all too good to be true.
So, I’ve come to a conclusion,
I’ll put my heart in seclusion.
This is the last time I let someone in,
The last time I let someone win.
I’ll build a barrier around myself,
Put our memories on the highest shelf.
And maybe one day I’ll take them down,
Just to go another round.
But for now I won’t let myself cry,
Won’t let myself die.
So, for now, I guess it’s goodbye.






This poem also uses lines from some of my favorite songs. I wrote this poem to basically say goodbye to someone who I care for very much. The songs used are Tears Don’t Fall (part two)-Bullet For My Valentine, Die For You-Otherwise, Blood-In This Moment, Better Than Drugs-Skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment